I love my Amazon Prime membership. I know a lot of people get sticker shock when they see the $99.00 per year price tag (I sure did) but in reality that is only $8.25 per month and in reality most people spend more than that at McDonalds. The benefits you receive with your membership are well worth the cost.
Amazon Prime Membership Benefits
1. Free Two Day Delivery: the free two-day shipping is available to members regardless of the amount spent. In my opinion this one feature pays for the cost of the membership alone. Think about how many times you have to find that “one more thing” you hadn’t planned on purchasing just to reach the $35.00 minimum for free shipping, and then you still have to wait 5-10 business days to receive your purchases.
2. Amazon Prime Music: Amazon’s music streaming feature is very similar to Pandora. Users are able to stream specific songs or an entire album. Amazon Prime also allows you to create a customized profile and will suggest music for you based on it.
3. Amazon Prime Instant Video: There are thousands of free movies and TV shows available for Prime members. As many of you know we cut cable and now our entertainment comes from a combination of Amazon Prime Instant Video, Netflix and Hulu Plus. We used this service every day and my son’s love the Amazon original Tumble Leaf series for preschoolers. Between these three services we don’t miss “regular TV” at all.
Amazon Prime’s Hidden Feature
Many people don’t realize this, but Amazon allows you to share your free shipping benefits to four of your family members or friends. To share this benefit simply fallow a few simple steps.
- Log into Amazon and click on the your account tab.
- Then click on manage Prime membership.
- At the bottom of the page you will see a section called invite household member. If you are giving the invite to a friend just mark them down as brother/sister or whatever else you choose. You will need to fill in the required information and then send the invitation.
- The person you sent the invitation to will need to know your birthday in order to accept it.
*Note: Instant video and Prime music is not part of the sharing experience.
Want to get an Amazon Prime membership even cheaper?
Sign up for Amazon Student Prime – This prime membership gives you a six free month trial vs the 30 day trial wit h the typical Amazon Prime membership. During your free membership you have access to free two-day shipping and exclusive deals for students. They will also pay students $10.00 for every referral that signs up under them. Once the six month trial has expired students have the option of buying the Amazon Prime member ship at $49.00 that is a 50% discount on the normal cost of the membership. Once they have purchased the membership then they will also have access to the rest of the Prime membership benefits including instant video, and music streaming.
Amazon Mom – is a Prime membership program that is geared towards parents during the prenatal up through the toddler years. Amazon offers exclusive offers for items young families need. If you are a new member who has never had a Prime Membership you are eligible for the standard 30-day free trial for Prime and the additional Amazon Mom benefits. If you already have a prime account then you can add these additional savings to your account easily. If you happen to be a student and a mom you can use your student membership and add on these savings opportunities .
Amazon Mom offers several exclusive benefits including:
- 15% baby registry completion discount for expecting moms. This gives you a 15% discount on any eligible items left on your baby registry so that you can order the things you need to finish preparing for baby’s arrival. This benefits becomes available 30 days before your due date so there is plenty of time to order and receive your items.
- 20% off diapers, my personal favorite. Amazon Mom automatically gets you a 15% member discount. When you add the free Subscribe&Save subscription you will receive an additional 5% discount (totaling 20% discount).
- Exclusive access to other Amazon Mom discounts and specials.
*Note: Just because this program is called Amazon Mom doesn’t mean only mom’s can sign up. If you are a dad, granny, or caregiver for a child of the appropriate age then you can also sign up for Amazon Mom.
Don’t miss out on any of my great tips to help your family
save money, have frugal fun and enjoy life!
Check out Pinterest for more frugally fantastic ideas.
Android users download the Two Kids And A Budget app