Last Week Kara at The Daily Whisk honored me by nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks Kara! As part of the nomination process I’m going to share seven interesting things about myself, and then nominate other bloggers.
1. My eyes naturally change color. This is a family characteristic that I share with my dad, my grandfather, and a few cousins. Our eyes all change depending on different factors, but my eyes change based on my mood. My husband calls it my “mood detector”, he says that he can always tell how my day went or what kind of a mood I was in just by looking at the color of my eyes. I imagine that has worked to his advantage a time or two.
2. I married the babysitter’s son. My mother-in-law baby sat my two younger brothers and I for several years. I had a crush on her son who was a couple of years older than I was, and many years latter when we started dating he revealed to me he had a crush on me as well. As children do they grow up and don’t need a babysitter so I stopped going to their home and lost touch with him. However, living in a small town (less than 2,000 people) our parents kept in touch and eventually played the part of being a match maker. Our first date was the best one I had every been on, because all of the awkwardness wasn’t there and it was like hanging out with an old friend. Two months latter we were engaged and 18 months after our first date we were married. It would have been sooner but my brother was deployed at the time and I simply could not get married without him being there.
3. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom. However, my backup plan was to be a photojournalist. Through this blog I think I am getting the best of both worlds. Don’t you?
4. My favorite movie of all time is Far And Away. I love historical drama movies, and this has been my favorite one since I was a kid and saw it for the first time 20 years ago.
5. I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and it took us over a year to get pregnant the first time after starting the first round of fertility treatments. KC was twelve months and two weeks old when I discovered we were expecting AJ. The boys are 20 months apart in age. They were not easy pregnancies as I wound up on modified bed rest, weekly trips to the doctors office, and to the hospital for monitoring. AJ was almost delivered at 28 weeks and KC at 32, thankfully they both made it to 37 weeks with a lot of praying of course.
6. I love trying new foods and will try a single bite of almost anything. I thank my dad for this quality as he used to brig home “mystery meat” several times a year. He would cook dinner, not tell us what we were eating until after we had tried it and decided if we liked it or not. Surprisingly there was only one thing we ever tried I didn’t like. Some of the foods we have had are: calamari (squid), octopus, black tip shark, pigs ears, buffalo and ostrich just to name a few.
7. I have almost died more than once before the age of 5. I electrocuted myself by putting a blow dryer underwater in the bathtub with me (I wanted to see if I could blow dry my leg underwater) at the age of 3. I almost drowned twice, run over by a truck, and a combine tractor. Before anyone judges my parents, please don’t. I was very curious kid, stubborn, and sneaky. I figure God must want me around for a reason, so he put his best angels in charge of keeping me around and I’m thankful for it.
Now it is my turn to nominate a few bloggers I think deserve this award. I’m sure several of them have already been mentioned, but I think they are great so I am going to mention them again!
1. Robin at The Thrifty Peach
2. Kristen at Indebted And In Debt
3. Brook & Genevieve at pftwins
4. Aldo at Million Dollar Ninja
5. Holly at Club Thrifty
Don’t miss out on any of my great tips to help your family
save money, have frugal fun and enjoy life!
Check out Pinterest for more frugally fantastic ideas.
Android users download the Two Kids And A Budget app