This summer has been crazy busy yet productive. I hit the ground running with my annual yard sale where I earned over $750.00 in just the one weekend. Overtime started for my husband in July and hasn’t stopped or even slowed down since. My husband’s been working 10 and 12 hour days almost non-stop! It’s great for trying to pay down debt but hard on our family, but we just keep reminding ourselves that it’s only temporary.
We were able to pay off a credit card balance of $1,430.00 at the end of July and now that cards minimum monthly payment will go towards the debt snowball. Then last week I mailed out a $412.00 check that will completely pay off one of my student loans, although I’m not counting it as paid off until they have cashed the check. So, between these two bills being paid off that is $75.00 extra a month going towards the next bill on the chopping block.
September Financial Goals
- Pay off Perkins Student Loan – while I sent in the check last week I am not going to count my eggs before they hatch. Once the $412.00 has cashed and of course cleared then there will be plenty of time to celebrate this small victory. That will also bring our total debt pay off to $1,940.00 and will only have $3,460.00 left of our yearly goal to pay off.
- Fully Fund Baby Emergency Fund – As I write this we have $700.00 sitting in our BEF and only need an additional $300.00 to complete our baby emergency fund. Hopefully with my husband’s next check we will have that goal completed.
- Earn Extra Income: I am hoping to earn $100.00 from online work this month. Last month I fell short at $54.00 but hopefully this month I can do better. I know it is a low about but I do take care of my house, kids, and two ageing grandmothers (one with dementia) so I do what I can. My husband has committed to continue working as much overtime as he can until it either ends or he just can’t do it anymore. I will be keeping a watchful eye on him to make sure he doesn’t over do it.
- Move BEF Online – I have been reading about Capital 360 online savings account and another one called Tangerine (although that may just be available for our Canadian friends). To be honest I still need to do some research and learn about this a little more, but if you are at all familiar with these banks I would love to hear what you think about them.
- Credit Card Number Two – Our focus has now turned to credit card number two. This guy is a hefty weight at $3,692.36, but we have his number and he is going down baby! According to our statement if we pay the minimum it will take us 13 years to pay off this debt, but if we up the ante to $129 a month then we can get that baby paid off in 3 years. However, the hubs and I think we can do a lot better than that. We are going to have that card paid off in less than a year. If we make monthly payments of $370 then we will have it paid off in about 10 months.
September Blogging Goals
Like last month I also have a few blogging goals this month that will hopefully help me move farther along in my blogging journey. So without further adieu, here are my September blogging goals.
- Create A Blog Work Scheduled – With family, home, and other demands getting time in to blog productively can be a challenge, but I don’t have to tell you that. So I am gong to be taking the advice in a great article I read 7 Tips To Grow Your Blog On A Part Time Schedule and create a work scheduled for myself that way I will have some kind of direction each day.
- Alexa Rank – I am so close to being below the 200.000 mark I can see the finish line. By the end of September I would like to see my rank drop down to 150,000. I have notice a gradual slowing down as my rank got closer to the 200,000 mark but we shall see if I can keep this momentum going.
- Find My Voice – I feel like I am still struggling to find my voice as a blogger to some degree. I can write informative articles with no problem, but I am struggling a little to add my personality into it. I would also like to add a little more about my children into my writing and talk about just how having kids affects your budget but as of yet, I haven’t figured out how to add that in. I am sure it will come eventually, but I sure would like to figure out how to help it along!
- Learn SEO – SEO is still a foreign language to me. I would like to begin learning how to make my blog visible to people who are just searching terms in the Google search bar or other search engines.
What about you? What Are your September Goals? Were you successful in August?
Or did you need to work a little harder to get to where you wanted to be?