I don’t often share much of my personal life here on Two Kids And A Budget. To be honest I have always had a hard time talking about myself, it’s that damn introverted personality of mine. Personally I love those blogs where you feel like you’re just sitting down with your best gal pal having a cup of coffee…or tea. I always imagine that kitchen as a light lemony yellow, with white cabinets and a gentle breeze coming in through the window.
Sure I’ve shared the very basics on my profile; I’m a mom with two little boys, I’m married to an amazingly supportive husband and we are raising our family on a single income. There is a lot more hidden underneath than I’ve ever shared. Big shocker I know.
So as a way to share a little more about me I’m going to share a few fun facts about myself. Then I’m going to ask you for some help (another thing I’m not good at). Sound good? Okay, here we go!
The Mom Behind The Blog ~ My Story
1. My absolute favorite movie of all time is Far and Away. Surprisingly as many of you may thing it’s not because I have a thing for good ol’ Tom, I simply love the story. In fact, I never want that movie to end, and always wanted a sequel. How about it Hollywood?
2. I met my amazing husband at the ripe old age of seven. Although it would be a couple of decades before we actually started dating. When I opened the door that cold December night for our first date it felt like we had never been separated over those 20 years.
3. I’m allergic to the cold. Yes, it is a real thing, and no, I am not making it up to get out of shoveling the sidewalk. Although it did come in handy as a good excuse to get out of that chore as a kid!
4. I took every English class offered in high school and in college. I was mad at my high school guidance counselor when he made me sign up for an Art class instead of letting me repeat on of the English classes my last semester of my senior year. Who needs art when you can have literature? I did however make a piece of jewelry that I still wear today, almost 20 years later.
5. I’m lucky to be alive. I have almost died four different times before the age of six. Let me count the ways… Drowning once, electrocution twice (as an FYI trying to blow dry your leg under water, BAD IDEA), almost being run over by a truck, and almost being plowed under by a combine in a field of corn. Ok so that’s more like five times but who’s counting?
6. I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), we struggled with infertility trying to get pregnat the first time. The second time was a complete suprise. The third time…well that’s a work in progress.
7. I’ve been cheating on you. I have another blog that I have been writing since January of 2012. To be honest last year I kind of let it go by the wayside, that whole talking about yourself thing and then letting other people know you’re out there…yeah not real good at that. BUT I am in the process of revamping it, and as soon as I am ready to “share it with the world” you will be the first to know.
So now is where I need your help. I’m going to take a page out of Kay’s book, if you don’t know here she has a great blog over at The Barefoot Minimalist. She did a series awhile back about getting to know her that I really enjoyed.
Ask me a question, and I will answer it (within reason of course). Thanks for stopping by today!
Don’t miss out on any of my great tips to help your family save money, have frugal fun and enjoy life!
Check out Pinterest for more frugally fantastic ideas