In preparation for my six year old nephew BJ’s visit last month from Colorado I went searching for fun things to keep the boys occupied throughout the 5 weeks he would be here. One of those activities was making sponge bombs. When KC found out what I was going to make he was so full of anticipation that he could hardly contain himself.
How To Make DIY Sponge Bombs
– 4 packs of sponges
– Zip ties
1. Cut each sponge into long thirds.
2. Gather the sponges in your hand. We did 6 sponge strips per sponge bomb, but you can do more or less depending on how full you want them.
3. Cinch the zip tie as tight as you can around the middle sponges then trim the tail from the zip tie.
4. Fluff out the sponges. You may need to work the sponge strips a little in order to make it look more round.
5. Head outside with a bucket full of water and have fun!
Sponge Bomb Game
What you need:
- Two buckets of water.
- Six sponge bombs
How To Play:
Each player stands behind their bucket and toss the six bombs into the other players pale of water. When the round is complete move the bucket back a little and toss them again. Whoever can get the most sponges in the other person’s bucket wins!
The sponge bomb game was a big hit and the boys had so much fun playing together. Even AJ got into the act!
These DIY sponge bombs also make great pool toys. AJ has had a lot of fun tossing them in the pool and watching them float. He and big brother KC have also had lots of fun throwing them at each other and at daddy.
Don’t miss out on any of my great tips to help your family
save money, have frugal fun and enjoy life!
Check out Pinterest for more frugally fantastic ideas.
Android users download the Two Kids And A Budget app