It’s been so long since I’ve done a Blogging update and goals post that I honestly can’t remember the last time I did one. If this type of thing interests you then by all means read on, if not there is a lot of other interesting and helpful tidbits around the blog.
Since becoming pregnant last December and my energy level tanking it’s been a slow go around here which often translated into a single post each week. Last week was the first time I felt up to posting the three times I had committed to back in 2014 when I started Two Kids And A Budget. If you are interested in starting a blog of your own check out my post, How To Start A Blog On A Budget.
With those thoughts in mind, and the desire to get back to normal around here I thought I would do a blogging update, goals and income post.
The blog has admittedly been quiet, but now that I am feeling better Two Kids And A Budget will be coming alive again. With the twins on the way, it will also give me the opportunity to talk a little more on how we are preparing for their arrival and the expansion of our family while staying on budget.
There are a lot of things I want to do with, on, and for my blog now that I am feeling normal again. But I know I need to be a little cautious, take my time, and not over do it. So here are a few things that I plan on working on until the end of May
- Get back into writing and posting three times a week.
- Write 4 additional posts that will go live August through December so that I don’t have to do so much at the end of my pregnancy and while the twins are still little.
- Create my Guest Posting guidelines and set up a few guests posts to also help lighten the burden later this year.
- Work on increasing my page views and decreasing my bounce rate. I was doing really well before I took a step back and I was not surprised to see my numbers plummet. However, I want and need them to go back up so that I can begin to earn more of an income.
- Get my Alexa rank under one million. It was briefly there in December and January but it is back up to……… I know it will take a little work, but I’ll get there.
There are other things I would like to do. However, these basic things will help me get off to a good start on the track back to a productive blog.
Now comes the fun part. I finally earned my first pay out from Google AdSense in January and received the $102.00 check in February. It was great to receive because that finally meant my little blog had paid for itself in just 18 months. In February, March, and April the blog continued to earn steady AdSense income, which I am grateful for.
While I know it isn’t a lot, I’m happy that my blog is finally earning something. I also consider this to be pretty good income considering I have basically been ignoring my blog since January. As I mentioned above this pregnancy has zapped a lot of energy from me and I have been lucky to write one post a week let alone three. I know that if I start showing Two Kids And A Budget a little more, okay a lot more, attention I will see an increase in income.
DON’T MISS OUT ON ANY OF MY GREAT TIPS TO HELP YOUR FAMILY
SAVE MONEY, HAVE FRUGAL FUN AND ENJOY LIFE!
Check out Pinterest for more frugally fantastic ideas.
Android users download the Two Kids And A Budget app
*The affiliate links in this post help to support our growing family