I can’t believe this is the last post for August. Quite a bit happened this month, and thankfully they were all good things. Murphy’s Law has decided to stay away and visit someone else instead. Good for us….not so good for them.
August In Review
1. Over all I think we did fairly well in our August financial goals. As I mentioned last month I wanted to get my husband more interested in our finances and I think showing him our budget and how our money was being tracked through the YNAB software did the trick.
2. I was able to spend the time I needed to get it up and running. I’m going to have to write a post on the YNAB software soon, as I believe it is a very useful tool and c an make a big difference for a lot of people.
3. We were able to add $500.00 to our baby emergency fund this month. Which was $400 above the minimum goal and just $200.00 shy of our maximum goal for the month of August.
4. I fell short however on my personal goal to make at least $100.00 from home. In the end I only earned $53.55. My husband has been working non-stop. He has been volunteering to 10 and 12 hour shifts at work. Last week he worked an extra 22 hours alone. This week he has worked 12 hours every day. Since he has been working so many hours I have taken over the house work and errands, something that my husband and I typically share responsibility in.
August Blog Goals In Review
1) Find a theme that I am happy with that I can customize myself. Done!
2) Finish designing my header. Done!
3) Drop my Alexa rank by 2,000. This was more that surpassed many times over. As of this morning my rank is 258,927!
4) Add Twitter and Facebook Buttons to my blog. I created my own and was able to get them to link to my accounts as well. So that is great!